If you’ve had it up to here with your existing opener, now may be the perfect time to consider the purchase and installation of a new automatic garage door opener. A new garage door opener will not only end your frustration, but it will also enhance your safety and security as well.
· Chain Drive Openers use a chain attached to a metal trolley to open and close your garage door with ease. However, that ease comes at a bit of a price, considering that its operation can be quite noisy. If your garage is adjacent, or under, a bedroom then you may want to consider models that hide the chain.
· Belt Driver Openers are almost identical to chain-drive openers except for the fact that they use rubber belts to open and close the door, which allows for a much quieter operation. This type of opener tends to cost a bit more than the other types of openers available.
· Screw Drive Openers use a threaded-steel rod to handle the task of opening and closing even the heaviest garage door successfully. Midway in cost and noisiness, these openers require very little maintenance in large part due to the fact that they have fewer moving parts.
If you’re like most homeowners that have a standard size two-car garage door then a 1/2-horsepower garage door opener should be more than sufficient to meet your needs. For those with custom made wood doors, which tend to be quite a bit heavier, you may want to invest in a 3/4-horsepower motor.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission requires that all garage door openers sold in the U.S. be equipped with several safety and security features to ensure that no one is accidently harmed during their operation. Just some of the safety and security features offered by garage door openers today include:
· Reversing Mechanisms stop the door from closing and automatically reverse if something or someone gets in the way (thereby blocking the safety eyes).
· Manual Emergency Release allows you to do exactly as the name implies; manually close the garage door in the event of a power outage.
· Automatic Lights activate as soon as the door opens and remain on until the driver gather his or her things and walks safely into their home.
· Force Guard Control enhances your safety by allowing you to select from installed settings to ensure the door opens with only the minimum required force.
· Rolling Code Technology makes it virtually impossible for anyone to gain access to your home with any transmitter – as it provides you with a different code each time you open your garage door.
· Battery Backup provides power to your garage door opener in the event your electrical power is knocked out.
***Please note that some of these features are not available on all models.
The primary benefit of using a garage door opener in the first place is to provide you with the convenience of remote access. Just one small push of a button will ensure you won’t need to stop, get out of your car, open the garage door and then get back into your car to park. Available options include:
· Multiple-button remotes
· Wireless keypads
· HomeLink (available on certain car models)
· Universal remote controls
Available warranties and price information vary from model to model. For more detailed information on the models we at Dynamic Door Service Today offer, please be sure to contact us at 602-335-1077. Just some of the brand names we carry include LiftMaster, Genie and Micana.
Although they typically provide us with years of dedicated service, sometimes even the most reliable garage door opener may break-down for one reason or another. When that happens, you shouldn’t just assume that it needs to be replaced.
More often than not, a few simple repairs are all it needs to get back to providing you with hassle-free service, which in turn ensures your convenience. Opener repair services will also save you money on the expense of a replacement.
At Dynamic Door Service Today, we offer the highest-quality repair and installation services for all makes and models of garage door openers, including for those we sell and those we don’t. If you’re in need of service, please call 602-335-1077.